Role and Responsibilities
- Set up, adjust and operate lathes, mills and other machine tools and machine parts to specifications.
- Maintain machine tools and equipment with regular cleaning and lubrication, and ensure operational efficiency of the machines.
- Monitor feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and measuring instruments, such as micrometer calipers, scales, dial indicators, etc.
- Read charts to translate decimal to fractional equivalents with the ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings and other engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Accurately produce parts and accurate counts to match work order quantities (measure, examine and test completed units to ensure conformance to specifications).
- Flexible schedule for overtime and dependable
- Must have own transportation and show up for work on time every day
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Five or more years of CNC experience (including the duties and responsibilities specified with hands-on experience) and/or CNC certification required
- High school diploma or GED
- Operate forklifts when required (after proper training and certification).
- Maintain housekeeping in designated sections of the machine shop.
- Ensure a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines, including but not limited to wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and steel toe/composite toe boots.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Effectively work within established time guidelines.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
- Ability to lift up to 75+ pounds
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or instructed.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to understand and adhere to oral and written instructions
- Safety and attendance are a number one priority.
- Highly organized with the desire to continually improve/strong attention to detail